Here’s the post and answer many of you have waited for – how much does a Financial Planning Professional® who encourages frugality spend on her wedding?
My husband and I have been married for 8 years now and a frugal wedding has afforded us a number of opportunities we may not have had otherwise. A beautiful home and two awesome kiddos, to start!
I’ll sheepishly say, we spent more than I thought we would. But I wouldn’t change a thing.
As you can imagine, a lot of planning went into this wedding even though it was PLANNED IN 3 WEEKS! This is what we did to stay frugal.
- We had many discussions about our budget (surprise! surprise!) because we knew we didn’t want to go into debt
- We gave ourselves less time to plan so that we were limited in what we could do
- We went for NICE not extravagant
- We got married during the week
- We kept it small – about 24 guests
- We picked one thing to splurge on
- We accepted as much help as we could get
Could we have done the wedding cheaper? Absolutely.
Especially if we didn’t know there would be some cash given to use. Would I change anything at all? Absolutely not.
Total Wedding Cost: ~$7,500